SARASWATI KUNJ AWAKEN FORUM
Minutes of the meeting held on 19th January 2014 at Gandhi Peace Foundation
Another meeting of the Saraswatikunj Awaken Forum was convened on 19th January 2014 at 5:30pm at Gandhi Peace Foundation, New Delhi. The meeting was attended more than 150 members. The meeting was chaired by Mr. N.P. Sharma, Ex-Director, National Cooperative Union of India along with other respected members including, Admiral Badhwar, Wing Comndr Sharma, Mr. Madaan, Mr. Sukumar.
The meeting had begun with recital of Gayatri Mantra. The members were briefed about the background of the Forum. It was informed that the Forum has been registered under Trust Registration No. 2716 Registration Year 2012-2013 with introduction of trustee namely Mr. N.K. Bhutani, Mr. Amit Jain and Mr. D.C. Gupta. All members appraise the effort of the trustee for uniting members.
The convener informed the members that forum had taken up different matters for the past couple of months and achieved partial success, but still there is a way ahead. Detail of the bank account etc. is available at the web site of the forum at http://saraswatikunjawakenforum.com/
The convener informed the members about the priorities of the forum which are:
1. To make efforts in formation of Executive Committee
2. Select and support to the educated and wise candidates for the Executive Committee
3. Establish a system which have full transparency
4. Reconization of membership up to 2004
5. Improvement in system
6. Computerization of society’s accounts & record
7. Reconciliation of bank account which have not reconciled since 1983
8. Website of society
9. Establishment of call centre
10. Introduction of identity card to members—- to curtail bogus membership
11. Identifying land of society & fencing or boundary of society’s land
12. Establishment of grievance cell
13. Appointment of ombudsman- of the status of ex ias, judiciary, not below the rank of session judge,senior officer of PSU/government
14. Reorganisation of departments of the society
- Account section
- Law & land
- Security – to check encroachment land of society
15. Draft out a document of priorities and actions after having dialogue with all members and other group of members of the society.
16. Forum welcomes the suggestions and guidelines from any member or group of members which is acceptable to the members.
17. Forum does not want to involve any disputes between the members or blame game.
18. Forum respect all members of the Saraswati Kunj Society and support equal rights to all members.
Mr. N.P. Sharma, informed that the writ petition filed by the society has been deferred by the High Court. He has highlighted about the current status of the land available with the society.
Mr. N.K. Bhutani had clarified many doubts of the members and placed the current status of land and future of society’s land availability point by point as follows:
1. Consequences of dismissal of CWP 7880of 2002 &pending CWP 17545 of 2007 of 124 acre land in sec 52A,53 &54
2. As per existing position the total land available in Phase-I and Phase II is 216 acre. 1821 plots have been earmarked out of which 1700plots have been registered. So only 100 or a little more plots are available and members can be accommodated up to the extent of number of plots are available.
3. Now, pertinent question is how the other remaining members will be accommodated.
4. There is hardly much scope for the members to be accommodated in the existing licensed colony. Part 1&2
5. At the moment only 59 acre land is unencumbered and it can accommodate 500-550 members if we opt for plots. 3500-3600 members can be accommodated on the said land if Govt gives permission for GROUP HOUSING which is not so easy.
6. He emphasized that we still have a fair chance of getting plot if we look at the permission given by Govt to purchase the land.
Permission of land purchase
1. It is confirmed that government can’t acquire land of society for which it has given permission. He informed that as per Letter No .616 SRGRK dated 17.01.1991 the government had given permission to the society to purchase land in Wazirabad. Gurgaon. Society has purchased 489 acre land on account of this permission.
2. Vide Letter no .1961/G-92/URG dated 30.07.1998 the government allowed to purchase Panchayat (Gram Sabha) 500 acre land at the rate of land acquisition which is 65 lacs now. It is Panchayat land &can’t be sold to builders. Thus society’s rights are protected. Society has made agreement to purchase 500acre of land.
Location of land
1. This land is located at the beginning of Road connecting Gurgaon to Vasant Kunj & also known as South Peripheral Road. This land is located on 60meter wide road and is 9.6 km away from Vasant Kunj,Delhi. The road will be operational by 2015-16.
2. Besides this , society also has land at Behram Pur,Gurgaon. But we do not know whether it is in residential Zone and society has Govt permission to purchase it. but permission of Govt is mandatory.
Conditions for new license
1. As per rule of the Town& Country Planning Department Haryana. The society must have to complete 30%constuction of dwelling units of previous licence. So society has to develop/repair Road, Elctricity, Water.Sewerage Etc.
2. Equal importance has to be given to develop temple, shopping complex, post office, ATM Bank school, community centre,chreche,coffee home. Necessary provision of land had already been made in previous licence
3. Existing plot holder can expect BHUMI PUJAN by Next Diwali.
We expect notification of election by the end of next month election &formation of new managing committee by May/June.
Seniority of allotment
1. The development of group housing in the cooperative scheme being dependent on self financing by the members. The principle of first come-first served, therefore, decides the seniority of allotment of plot to any members in Haryana. This principle also endorsed &approved by the Hon,ble Supreme Court of India while deciding Civil Appeal no 15790 of 1996 SLP( C )
2. The Hon’ble Supreme Court has further observed “IN our opinion, therefore, the most fair and equitable method of drawing up the list of eligible members for allotment of remaining 38 plots of category C could be draw up the list according to the date of payment of the full call money by the members concerned.’
3. Allotment of plot seniority of payment first come first serve is the basis approved by Hon’ble Supreme court of India and further upheld by RCS Chandigarh in petition no 13 of 2010.
4. To achieve all this, we have to be united, free from MAFIA
5. We need at least 10 volunteers and 100 active members .only then we can achieve our goal.
Mr, Bhutani appeal to the members that Forum need the services of retired senior persons to come forward and take responsibility of different departments in the society volunterely to run the society in a professional way.
Mr. Sukumar/master ji also highlighted that the information about the current status of the land and future availability of land as placed by Mr. Bhutani is very important and has a validity. But the most worried situation is that the land mafia is trying to grab the Society’s land. It is the responsibility of all the members that they should come forward and visit the society’s land frequently to stop the unauthorized encroachment on our land. For this a team of five to ten members should be formed. They must visit the site every week. If they found any unauthorized construction or encroachment, they must inform to the police and the Manager of the society, so that necessary action can be taken up at their end also.
Mrs. Meena Sood had shared her past experience about the financial matters.
At the end, Mr. N.P. Sharma, Chairman of the meeting gave a warm welcome and thanks to the members for attending the meeting and request that all members must unite on the issue. The Forum must approach for filing a petition to the Supreme Court seeking relief in acquisition of society land. He appeal to the members that they should contribute some finance to the Forum so that the case can be taken up with appropriate lawyer.
The meeting has ended with a vote of thanks to the chair.